Apparently there are people who are still intending to support our incompetent, unqualified, national embarrassment of a Sheriff (I mean, people beside his wife Eliana). No... really... I have it on good authority that there are people who are going to vote for him. I know. Weird.
As a public service, I have curated a representative sample of articles and commentary culled during Mirkarimi's tenure as San Francisco Sheriff:
- Scandal Plagued Sheriff Limps To Election Day - New York Times
- San Francisco Sheriff's Driver License Suspended for Not Reporting Crash - ABC 7 News
- Reluctant Range Boss Transferred, Mirkarimi Fails Gun Test - SF Gate
- Sheriff Mirkarimi Suspended Without Pay - Bay Citizen
- S.F. has a sheriff who can’t shoot straight - San Francisco Chronicle
- San Francisco Sheriff Has Blood On His Hands - Ricochet
- Ross Mirkarimi Guilty: SF Sheriff Pleads Guilty To False Imprisonment - Huffington Post
- Ross Mirkarimi: Ethics Commission Says Sheriff Is Guilty of Official Misconduct - SF Weekly
- Dianne Feinstein blames SF Sheriff’s Department In Kathryn Steinle Death - Washington Times
- SF Sheriff Mirkarimi Charged With 3 Misdemeanors In Domestic Dispute - CBS SF Bay Area
- S.F. Sheriff Mirkarimi guilty of misconduct in domestic violence - LA Times
- Steinle Family Files Claims to Hold SF Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi Responsible for Daughter's Death
- Deputies Union Files Grievance Against Sheriff Mirkarimi Over Pier 14 Shooting Suspect - NBC
- Sheriff’s managers endorse candidate — and it’s not Mirkarimi - SF Gate
And let's not forget this ...
One would expect that Sheriff Mirkarimi might have a tough time getting reelected given his record, but this is San Francisco. So who knows? Give him credit - he is actively courting some previously overlooked constituencies to his cause. First, he's locked up the Criminal Illegal Immigrant Vote, who flock to San Francisco's Criminal Sanctuary City status. Expanding on this previously untapped criminal voting block, Ross Mirkarimi recently appealed to the domestic San Francisco criminals for their vote. He is fighting to eliminate bail for indicted criminals in San Francisco and release arrested crooks from jail before trial. Political genius. With San Francisco's booming crime wave, this could very well be the swing vote needed to put him back in office. Look, I know this sounds batshit insane, and I don't want this to sound like I am saying I told you so... Wait. That is exactly what I am saying. I told you so...
In fact, this is when I told you so on 11/11/11, shortly after his election:
"Mirkarimi is not one of my favorites. Who knows what damage he'll do to the Sheriff's Department. We probably should start on the recall petitions now."And a few days later, this is when I told you so about Ranked Choice Voting:
"In the Sheriff's election I've no doubt that in a 2 way runoff our completely unqualified sheriff-elect Ross Mirkarimi would have lost to either the 2nd or 3rd place finishers who split the qualified vote and did not campaign in tandem to defeat Mirkarimi. Others disagree. That is the point. Nobody knows, because voters were denied the opportunity to make a clear, simple unambiguous choice between the top two candidates."Then shortly after Mirkarimi took office as Sheriff, I told you so again and again:
"Like Jean Quan in Oakland, Ross Mirkarimi's election was a triumph for Ranked Choice Voting... "
"Cunnie and Miyamoto split the rational vote with 55% of votes cast. Under the confusion of and vagaries of RCV, Mirkarimi is elected Sheriff even though 62% of first choice votes were cast against him. If there was a follow-up "top two" runoff election, he has no chance of becoming Sheriff. But there was no runoff election. Welcome to Ranked Choice Voting in the People's Republic of San Francisco."They say you get the government you deserve. But I say the City of San Francisco is getting a bum rap. It was the confusion and game-playing of Ranked Choice Voting that put Mirkarimi in that preposterous uniform. So, San Francisco, let's not screw this up this time. It is time to put our long civic nightmare behind us. There are 3 candidates for Sheriff:
- Vicki Hennessey is eminently qualified to be Sheriff
- John Robinson is not qualified to be Sheriff but would still be a better choice than Mirkarimi
- Ross Mirkarimi is not qualified to be dog catcher and is an embarrassment to the City.
- Vicki Hennessey
- John Robinson (if you want)
- Blank or Anybody else on the planet except Ross Mirkarimi.
VERY IMPORTANT! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ENTER ROSS MIRKARIMI'S NAME FOR FIRST, SECOND, OR THIRD CHOICE!
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
X-Posted from my other blog.